DeSoto County Sentencing Options
If you are facing criminal charges in Mississippi, it is important to consult with an attorney who is well-versed in Mississippi sentencing options. For many crimes, a prison sentence is not the only means of punishing the convicted. A skilled lawyer can help you pursue other, less harsh sentencing options.
At the Law Offices of James D. Franks, we have extensive experience handling criminal defense matters for clients from DeSoto County and throughout northern Mississippi. Attorney James D. Franks is highly familiar with Mississippi sentencing options and is an effective negotiator for his clients.
The road to a less harsh sentence begins with a preplea consultation to determine the best way forward. Contact us online or by telephone at 662-298-4296 or toll free at 800-219-0753 to arrange a consultation with an experienced DeSoto County criminal defense attorney.
Trial judges in Mississippi are not limited to prison or probation as sentencing alternatives. Judges and prosecutors may also be convinced to consider the following:
- RID: Also known as “Boot Camp.” A six-month lock-down program that teaches decision-making and self-reliance skills. May or may not result in a felony conviction.
- Drug court: An intensive five-year probation program consisting of treatment (either inpatient or outpatient), twice-weekly drug screens and weekly court appearances. May or may not result in felony conviction.
- Nonadjudication: A probation program that, if successfully completed, would result in a dismissal of all charges and no felony conviction.
- Pretrial intervention: A probation program that, if successfully completed, would result in a dismissal of all charges and no felony conviction.
- House arrest: A sentence alternative allowing the defendant to remain at home under electronic monitoring. Possibly allows work and school attendance. Usually results in a felony conviction.
Contact Us · Southaven Alternative Sentencing Options
Do you have questions about DeSoto County sentencing options? We are here to help and are available for preplea consultations to begin mapping out the best possible outcome for you. Contact us online or by telephone at 662-298-4296 or toll-free at 800-219-0753 to arrange a consultation with a knowledgeable DeSoto County DUI attorney.